Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.7 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2016 edited

Hello, we have heard time and time again how perpetual motion is impossible. You cannot get more out of a system than you put in. Yadda yadda yadda......  

So let's just go around that rule. This keeps Isaac groupies happy and we can build some actual working devices.  

Now remember, we are not going to break, or even bend that rule. We are actually going to be proving that rule with this design.  

Momentum.  

Consider this:  

You create a system, this system is designed in such a way that it can transfer the momentum that has been created by gravity, to a second system, which in turn transfers it's momentum with gravity assit to a third system, which transfers it's momentum with the gravity assist back into the first system.  

Add to this a 6 to 1 ratio of leverage as the momentum is transferred from one system to another.  

The loop has been closed ladies and gentleman.  

3 independent system interacting with each other giving each other a little leveraged push effectively closing the loop.  

And we didn't break any rules.  

This is exactly how Bessler did it.  

There is an online build on FB of this design.  
    If you are interested let me know and I can invite you to the page. The admin will have to approve you.  

Thank You for your interest.  

Ken Orcutt
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2016

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to me that invoking momentum gets out of conservation of energy, since there is still the law of conservation of momentum, and momentum is mass*velocity, while energy is 0.5*mass*velocity^2 (sorry for the equations, can't figure out how to embed an equation image) so if you get more momentum out of the system you also got more energy out of the system. Either the same ratio or more, depending on the increased momentum is in the form of mass or velocity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen

Let's go a little deeper.  

If I am a system, and a bicycle wheel spinning freely is a system, we have 2 independent systems. If I know it is going to get a push, and when....  

If I interact with the wheel and give it a push, I can then extract all of the energy from the wheel to use for whatever I want to except what it takes to keep the wheel moving until the next push.  

So if I push it every revolution, I can extract all the momentum except what it takes to go one revolution.  

I know it's getting another push.  

Now let's do that with 3 systems.  

Gravity creates the momentum, when it is added to it the push from the other system.  

Gravity is being stored as momentum, then being transferred to another system before the first system uses it up.  

This breaks no laws of conservation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen

Once it is transferred to the second system, gravity, along with the push, create MORE momentum, which is then transferred to the 3rd system before the second system can use it up.  

The third system transfers it back to the first system in the same manner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen

The Loop has been closed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest

The problem you are going to run into is the first system, the one that is "generating momentum" Since momentum is (kind of, as described above, it moves in the same direction) proportional to energy, that first system has to be creating energy if it is generating momentum. This is how the law of conservation of momentum can actually be derived, from conservation of energy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2016 edited

The first system starts because of a one time introduction of kinetic energy.  

For instance, if I build a wheel that is overbalanced and during construction the weights are placed in there overbalanced position, system one will seek to balance itself.  

This causes the beginning of the cycle. Once system 3 comes around to push system 1, the originally stored kinetic energy is gone, and the system is operating 100% off the push from system 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKen
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2016

If you would like to watch this being built live online, all you need is a FB account, and send me the email attached to your FB account and I can add you to the group.  

Have a great day!